Friday, May 2, 2008

The Juice Fast

For the passed five days I've been on a 30 day juice fast. Meaning, I've been only having fruit juices, vegetable juices, water, diet iced tea, herbal tea, and organic vegetable broth.
But it's definitely been a challenge so far. Sometimes just drinking water isn't enough to suffice my hunger, but eventually I forget about it.
I've lost 6 pounds in 5 days, but I'm presuming that it's water weight. After researching this juice fast on the interweb, I came across the fact that on less strict versions of this fast you are allowed one meal a day.
I wish I would have known this from the start, because I would have done that...but thats okay. --So tonight I had a salad for dinner, and I'm okay with that. My stomach on the other hand...might not be considering all I've been having for the passed two days is juice. And I've come to terms with the fact that by doing this alternative I won't lose weight as fast...but I don't think having one salad a day followed up by juice, water, vegetable broth, followed by exercise will be too much of a problem once my stomach gets used to it again.
And after 30 days I will go off of this Juice Fast and continue with a fruit&vegetable diet for two weeks before I gradually bring back other foods into my diet, proportionally of course.

I decided to also use this blog to document changes I will be experiencing on this diet, as well as photos.

My picture from Day 1 isn't the best to start with because I was wearing a flowy top, so I will start with today, Day 5:

And you can also see my new dykey haircut :]


No comments: