Sunday, November 4, 2007

homesick.

It's incredibly sad how incredibly homesick I am.

I miss being able to step outside of my house on 1181 Twisted Oak Lane and be able to just feel that fall has come. I miss feeling the chilly autumn breeze and playing in the leaves and looking out of my window to see my favorite tree across the street that turns a deep red colour in fall.

I miss having the only room in my house with the emergency exit window and being able to go out onto the roof and watch the stars, or just to sit out there whenever I needed to think. (Even though my parents either A) didn't know I would do that or B) hated that I did so.)


I miss living in Chicago so much, and I miss my brother, sisterinlaw, and nephew.
I'm just hoping that when I move back, if they move to a house by then, that they'd let me stay with them so I wouldn't have to pay room & board and Columbia. Because I think that's the main reason why my parents are so skeptical about me moving back and finishing my last two years there.

Chicago is my city and I'd be the first to tell you. Florida is just not the place for me. The people, the horrible drivers, the food, the hot weather...it's just not me. I would give an arm and a leg to move back there. and it's not even funny.

No comments: